Dorayaki is a popular Japanese confection that consists of two fluffy pancakes sandwiched together with a sweet red bean paste filling. This beloved snack has been enjoyed in Japan for generations and is now enjoyed around the world.
To make your own dorayaki at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Sweetened red bean paste
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until they become light and fluffy.
- Add the honey, baking powder, and vanilla extract to the mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour to the mixture, alternating with the water, and stir until the batter becomes smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour a small amount of the batter onto the pan to make a 3-4 inch pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip it over and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Allow the pancakes to cool, then sandwich a spoonful of sweetened red bean paste between two pancakes.
If you prefer to buy dorayaki instead of making it yourself, you can find it at many Japanese grocery stores or Asian markets. Some popular brands include Meiji, Fujiya, and Glico. You can also find dorayaki at some Japanese restaurants and cafes. Whether you make it yourself or buy it pre-made, dorayaki is a delicious and unique treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.